On a night out my wife we always have an Espresso Martini, maybe it was the caffeine hit that we needed?! I wanted to make these at home so I bought all the equipment from Amazon and started about making them. This is the recipe that I use to make the perfect Espresso Martini every time.
The secret is to shake the mix with everything you have and then shake it more. Shaking the mix with the ice cubes is where the froth on top comes from and without a good shake it won’t be there.
How to make it
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Drinks: 1
- 50ml vodka
- 35ml coffee liqueur like Kahlua
- 25ml espresso
- 3 whole coffee beans
- Make the espresso and leave to cool (I usually make a small cafetière worth and keep it to one side
- Pour the vodka, coffee liqueur and espresso into a cocktail shaker
- Add lots of ice cubes into the cocktail shaker
- Shake the heck out of the mixture and then some more
- When the mixture is really well shaken (this is where the white froth comes from) and feels really cold pour into a martini glass with a strainer leaving the ice behind
- Garnish with the coffee beans